I was having issues with my Duet Wifi on a University network – something about the way the traffic was routed caused me to get upload speeds around 18 kb/s. So I purchased the Ethernet daughterboard from Think3dPrint3d – they were super helpful, and it was cheaper than I expected.
Anyways, here’s some pictures from the conversion. I also replaced 2 of the fan MOSFETs that I blew a long time ago. Between ordering these parts and receiving them, I blew my last MOSFET, so my Fan 3 won’t work. Ah well.
Duet Wifi, Ethernet daughterboard, and MOSFETs.
My whole setup.
First I removed the bulk of the solder from the Wifi chip with desoldering braid. I absolutely love the MG Chemicals stuff.
I then heated the board up from the bottom right below the Wifi chip so I could remove it.
Removed any remaining solder on the pads and cleaned it up with an acid brush and rubbing alcohol.
Pre-tinning the holes.
A nice desoldering gun makes everything easier.
For some reason the headers that the Ethernet daughterboard came with don’t fit. I pulled those out and replaced them with my own.
Fits great, just soldered it in and it works perfectly. Now the MOSFETs…
First, remove the old MOSFETs using desoldering braid.
Some solder paste
New MOSFETs in place